Friday, April 15, 2011

Brooklyn Moms Talk Manifesto

I am not a maid
I am not a babysitter
I am not Claire Huxtable
I am not June Cleaver

But...

I AM sexy
I AM an artist
I AM a writer
I AM an entrepreneur
I AM ...

As a stay-at-home mom you have to re-stake your claim in this world.  Sometimes people forget that you have the same interests and goals you had before those lovely little ones entered your world.  Of course your children have no clue of who you once were, therefore you must educate them.  This is a slow process and takes a bit of weaning, but with loving persistence they eventually get it.  We love the paths we chose and would not change them for anything.  However, we find it hard to strike that balance that all moms struggle with - attending to your children's needs as well as fulfilling your own.

Though we do not have all of the answers or solutions, we can explore them together.  Hopefully this blog will add another dimension to the shared mommy spaces in cyber world.  Stay tuned for tips, tricks, good conversation and webisodes.  We are looking forward to sharing our knowledge and experiences with you.

Until next time,
Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment